Association of Ukrainian Guides provides educational programmes for girls of different age groups and personal development opportunities for adult volunteers through trainings and seminars.
We develop cooperation with other youth organisations of Ukraine and represent our movement at national level partnerships with the Ministry for Family, Youth and Sport Affairs and NGOs councils (like Union "Children of Ukraine").
AUG also develops and implements different social and community projects on prevention of phenomena which affect the lives of girls and young women.
The implemented projects of AUG are:
- 2008 - participation in the civil action of bringing order to Mystetsky Arsenal territory. Kiev Arsenal factory is one of the oldest and most famous industrial factories of Kyiv. In 2004 it was suggested to establish a modern art gallery in the oldest 19th century building of Arsenal. Later, President Viktor Yushchenko expressed his support to the museum idea but suggested that the museum had to be state-run and dominated by more traditional art pieces in order to become a "Ukrainian Hermitage". The process of converting the building to a civil use is underway. Most of construction works are to be finished by the end of 2008 and the museum is to openin its doors by Independence Day of 2009. (http://www.president.gov.ua/en/news/9473.html). Photos from this event are in the Gallery.
- 2007 – participation in the Leadership Capacity Project helped to train new and experienced leaders and trainers of the Association.
- 2007 – “Smile Camp”, supported by GirlGuiding – Greater London West, was held in Chernivtsi region in August 2007.
- 2005 – grant from the Ministry for Family, Youth and Sport Affairs for a project “Girls’ Leadership in Ukrainian Style”, conducting the national camp for girls in Chernivtsi region.
- 2004 – grant from the Ministry for Family, Youth and Sport Affairs for a project “Youth Female Leadership in the Mirror of Nowadays” for organising the national conference for young women from different NGOs.
- 2003 – grant from the Ministry for Family, Youth and Sport Affairs for a project “I have the right to health”, which included the development of the national informational programme on reproductive health and preventing of adolescent pregnancies.
- 1999 – 2005 – project grants of the World Association of Girl-Guides and girl-Scouts.
- 2001-2002 – grant of Counterpart Alliance partnership programme for a project “The Health of Today’s Girl – the Health of Tomorrow’s Nation” (educational and training programs on popularization of the concept of reproductive health, including peer-education).
- 2000 - grant of “Winrock International” for a creation of 2 Regional Women Centres.
- 1997-1998 – grant of Christian Children’s Fund for a project “Born Female – a Challenge To Life” (creation of 3 Informational-Consultation Centers for young mothers (under 18)).
- 1998 – grant of “Winrock International” for a publication of a Leaders’ Guidelines on non-formal education for girls.
- 1997 – 2 grants of the “Charity Know How” Foundation (UK) for the implementation of training courses for young women-leaders.
- 1995, 1996 – 2 grants of the International Soros Foundation (Vidrodzhennya) for National Conferences of the Association of Ukrainian Guides.